Are you at higher risk?
If you identify with any of the following you are at a higher risk of skin cancer:
- You previously had skin cancer
- You have a family history of skin cancer.
- You have a skin type that burns easily or is sensitive to UV light.
- You have a history of severe sunburn, particularly as a child.
- You have used a solarium in the past, particularly under the age of 30
- You have a large number of moles on your body
- You work outdoors
- You regularly pursue an outdoor sport such as cricket, golf, surfing, running, or swimming
Anyone with a risk factor for skin cancer should consider getting a whole body skin examination. Skin cancers can appear even on areas of the body that are not exposed to the sun.