Weds and Thurs 3.30pm to 5pm
No appointment necessary
Confidential and Free of charge
Pharmacist in the Practice
The addition of a Pharmacist to our team, will support improved Practice capacity and heightened quality patient care by promoting a team based approach. Ultimately, our Pharmacist service will support the integration of a Pharmacist as part of the care team by developing strong working relationships with both General Practice and community Pharmacy; and assist Practices to support vulnerable patients and reduce potentially preventable hospitalisations.
The collaboration between our GPs, Nurses and Practice Pharmacist would help target and identify high risk patients of medication misadventure.
Some of the improvements we would expect by having an onsite Pharmacist would include,
- identification and reduction of medicine related problems
- patient compliance to treatment and appropriate prescribing
- reduction of the total number of medications
Preventative Health Checks
- Blood pressure checks
- Height and weight checks
- Health assessments- Annually for patients over 75 years old
- Health checks for men and women 45-49 years old
- Skin Checks
Chronic Disease Management
- Management of diabetes, heart disease, asthma, high blood pressure, depression and other chronic illnesses
- Enhanced programs of care/ care planning
- Home medication review- this is coordinated between the pharmacist and GP
Sexual Health and Contraception
- Cervical Screening
- Breast examinations
- Contraception advice
- Implanon insertion and removal
Shared Antenatal Care
- Antenatal care is shared between the GP and the South East Regional Hospital Maternity Unit
Skin Cancer Medicine
- Full Skin checks
Minor Surgery/ Procedures
- Ear syringing
- Incision and drainage of abscesses/ cysts
- Wedge resections of ingrown toenails
Minor Fracture Management
- We can manage simple fractures with full or partial plaster casts
- Please contact the practice to book an appointment. Your child will be seen by one of our doctors and our experienced Registered Nurses will perform the immunisations.
Travel Advice and Immunisations
- Going overseas? Book an appointment with your preferred doctor for travel advice and immunisations for your upcoming trip.
- Workcover injury prevention and management
- Pre-employment medicals
- Employee preventative health checks
ECG, Spirometry, INRs, etc
- Electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Spirometry (Lung Function Tests)
- Point of care monitoring of INRs
- 24 hour BP monitoring
- You may have a wound that you are perfectly capable of managing yourself, but sometimes a wound needs professional management from a Doctor or Nurse. These wounds include leg ulcers, lacerations, skin tears and any wound that is not healing properly.
Other on-site services
- Cosmetic Medicine
- Visiting Specialists
After Hours and Home Visits
Emergency & After hours services are available at:
South East Regional Hospital –
4 Virginia Drive – approximately one kilometre south of the Bega CBD on the Tathra Road Bega
Phone: 02 – 6491 9999
Health Direct – Phone: 1800 022 222
Health Direct is a 24-hour telephone health advice line staffed by nurses to provide expert health advice and information. The helpline is available when your GP may be closed – at nights, on weekends and on public holidays.
This service is available through Healthdirect and is free from landline phones.
- after hours GP helpline operating times:
- 6.00 pm to 8.00 am Monday to Friday
- 6.00 pm Friday to 8.00 am Saturday
- 12 noon Saturday to 8.00 am Monday
- 24 hours on public holidays.
- Calls are answered by a nurse who will assess the caller’s condition. If necessary, the nurse will transfer callers to a GP on the telephone.
- The GP will talk to the caller, assess their condition, make a diagnosis and provide medical advice.
- The after hours GP helpline is not intended for patients with life-threatening conditions that need to be treated immediately.
- In an emergency, callers will be immediately transferred to ‘000’ with the nurse or GP staying on the line.
Please call 000 if you require urgent medical attention.
Visitors should contact the emergency ambulance service or attend the Emergency Department at South East Regional Hospital.
Nursing or Residential home visits are available by arrangement.
This surgery has a Triage system in place and is equipped to deal with most emergencies. Our staff are all trained in emergency patient triage and first aid.