Main Street Medical Centre would like to announce that we have undergone Accreditation with AGPAL on Tuesday 19th March 2019. Being accredited means that our general practice is committed to a comprehensive program which involves:
- Engaging our whole practice team to review our practice’s systems and processes.
- Opening our practice doors to allow a team of independent surveyors to assess how our practice operates.
- Assessment of our practice, and achievement of the nationally recognised Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices, that focus on health care quality and patient safety.
- As a member of the community you may be surprised to learn that general practice accreditation is a voluntary process- which means not all practices undergo an independent on-site assessment on a regular basis.
- Achievement of AGPAL accreditation reassures you that our doctors and practice team are committed to providing you with high quality health care in a safe environment.
The accreditors found Main Street Medical Centre met all standards and criteria having no items needing to be action or altered in any way. This has been a consistent finding at our Accreditation visits. The Accreditation team summarised our Practice as “An excellent and well run Practice”.
We are pleased with all the work and effort that out team have put in to maintain such high standards.