Suite 6, 93 Main Street
Merimbula NSW 2548
Phone- 02 6495 2555
Fax- 02 64952021
Practice Hours & After Hours Care
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Closed Public Holidays
South East Regional Hospital
4 Virginia Drive – approximately one kilometre south of the Bega CBD on the Tathra Road Bega
Phone: 02 – 6491 9999
Phone: 1800 022 222
Health Direct is a 24-hour telephone health advice line staffed by nurses to provide expert health advice and information. The helpline is available when your GP may be closed – at nights, on weekends and on public holidays.
This service is available through healthdirect and is free from landline phones.
- after hours GP helpline operating times:
- 6.00 pm to 8.00 am Monday to Friday
- 6.00 pm Friday to 8.00 am Saturday
- 12 noon Saturday to 8.00 am Monday
- 24 hours on public holidays.
- Calls are answered by a nurse who will assess the caller’s condition. If necessary, the nurse will transfer callers to a GP on the telephone.
- The GP will talk to the caller, assess their condition, make a diagnosis and provide medical advice.
- The after hours GP helpline is not intended for patients with life-threatening conditions that need to be treated immediately.
- In an emergency, callers will be immediately transferred to ‘000’ with the nurse or GP staying on the line.